Reasons Why Our Family Homeschools:
(1) We have attended workshops and read extensively about
the best programs available for children with autism: sensory integration,
social stories, TEACCH, ABA, patterning and learning
(2) We have linked up with a fantastic homeschooling
support group who allows our daughter to be truly included and mainstreamed with
peers and children of a variety of ages in a loving environment.
(3) We have networked with other homeschoolers like us on
the internet who provided tremendous encouragement, knowledge and hope.
(4) We have focused on her unique strengths, interests and
abilities to help her compensate for her weaknesses, allowing success to inspire
(5) Our home is a quiet, stress-free setting which enables
her to learn in her own way without frustrating distractions and wasted time.
(6) At home, special dietary and nutritional interventions
are much easier to implement. These protocols have enabled our daughter to make
"A parent's love perceives no limitations."
Copyright 1999 Tammy G